Old 11-11-2013, 11:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Kale varieties

"Nick Maclaren" wrote

Cavallero Nero (a.k.a. Italian black kale) is very good, but I
am underimpressed with Fizz. Not merely does it taste coarse,
most of it has started to produce flowering heads. If we get
another month of mild weather, I will get some early broccoli
from it, otherwise it will be a write-off.

We grew some white sprouting broccoli, grew is the operative word, it has
grown to a silly height and now it's snapping off branches easily and
falling over yet not a sign of anything sprouting.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.