Old 12-11-2013, 07:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Chelsea 2014, bye bye Alan T.

In article , says...

"Jeff" wrote

Monty Don set to replace Alan next year.

http://bit.ly/17lAiHK

Guess he'll have to go and buy himself some decent clothes now

They've cut Mr T and left Christine Walkden in? Beggars belief.

Good!

I watch Chelsea on TV for the plants and gardens; as does everyone who
didn't attend in person.
I find AT's unctuous "keep the camera on ME cracking feeble jokes with
my stooge" style of presenting it insufferably intrusive.

Sophie
Raworth will bring a reporters eye to the show and, as you say, Monty will
have to smarten up. Can't be shabby at Chelsea.

I'd sooner see MD in a worn linen suit any day, than AT decked out in
another godawful home-counties-meets-the-yacht-club stripey
shirt/blazer/ tailored suit ensemble.

And nobody will ever NOTICE what Christine Walkden is wearing, let
alone care, because she never hogs the camera or intrudes between the
viewer and gardens.

Janet.