Old 14-11-2013, 02:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Cold night ahead?

On 2013-11-08 19:19:21 +0000, Jake said:

Well, I suppose the plus-point of a touch of frost will be that it'll
finally kill off the summer bedding and give me an excuse to lift it
and get the spring stuff in the ground! Will be an almost welcome
change from dead-heading geraniums in November!

There's a certain charming perversity in that, Jake!

Well, despite the forecasts. here I am a week later, still deadheading
geraniums, picking the odd strawberry and unable to steel myself to
lift a bed of begonias that are still flowering their little socks
off.

OTOH, the spring bedding, which is in an unheated greenhouse, has
stopped growing so will probably stand the delay.

Cold last night but no frost and a little rain. But it's blue, bright
and breezy now. I see the forecast is for very cold weather early next
week. Yippee! ;-(

No thanks.
The D. Imperialis and D. Tenuicaulis are both well budded and with luck
will flower well if we don't get hard frosts.
David