Old 14-11-2013, 04:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Climbing rose id?

On 2013-11-13 22:50:19 +0000, Bob Hobden said:

"sacha" wrote

I know this is one of those "how long is a piece of string?" questions
but I'd really like to id a rose we put up along a post and some rope
several years ago. There are thousands of roses so I know the chances
are slight. The buds are small and yellow at the base, whiter at the
tips, opening to rather blowsy but fairly small white flowers. It
flowers on and on and on.

Two questions... Is it a large plant or quite small for a climber?
Do some flowers have a pink petal or two in a pure white flower?

No pink, Bob and here, we've gotit to 10' up a pillar but then trained it
along some chain (used to be rope) It's forming arching branches and
could, I think probably go quite a bit taller in the right place. It
flowers generously and I've managed to get a photo today of the last two
very tatty blooms. Of all the hundreds of photos I've got of this garden,
that's probably the one place I hadn't done! Here's the photo but it's
rather more white than it appears
http://www.flickr.com/photos/93694401@N03/10855615315/
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Leaves look wichuriana type so maybe La Perle I am assuming not Alberic
Barier as that is so well known you have probably ruled it out

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs