Old 15-11-2013, 01:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Another crop identification

On 15/11/2013 13:37, Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
David Hill wrote:
On 15/11/2013 12:21, Terry Pinnell wrote:
The experts here identified maize for me recently so I'm confident
someone can tell me what this one is please, despite the photo's poor
quality. Taken at about 4 pm on 1st August while walking Offas Dyke.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...nknownCrop.jpg

My though is that it probably is Millet, don't know if it will give a
seed crop, but it can be grown as a fodder crop or for silage.

It doesn't look like millet to me, but there isn't enough detail
of the plume to be sure. I am pretty sure that it is being grown
for one of those purposes, though.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

If you look at the RHS of the picture (enlarge if you can) you will see
it is multi headed.