Old 18-11-2013, 01:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Onions seeds

On 18/11/2013 12:45, David Hill wrote:
On 18/11/2013 12:25, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Mon, 18 Nov 2013 12:21:19 -0000, "Pete C"
wrote:

"Spider" wrote in message
Having a relatively large number of onion seeds from my decorative
onions
this year, I wondered if anyone had ever tried using them to coat
bread,
in the manner of poppy seeds? I confess I no longer bake my own bread,
but enjoy briefly re-baked bread from the freezer. It would be fairly
easy to adhere onions seeds to a loaf or, for those who do bake
their own
bread, put the seeds in the loaf. Cheese and onion seed bread, for
instance. It could catch on.

Are the seeds, perhaps, too hard to use in cooking? I've cracked
teeth on
hard seeds in bread too often to risk it without the say-so of a
friendly
guinea pig ;~).

Hope somebody here has explored the possibility!

Interesting, where do you get cheese seeds?

From a cheese plant, of course (Monstera deliciosa, in case you didn't
know)!

I Gruyère plant once, but no cheese from it

Probably brie-ding from the wrong clone.

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London