Old 19-11-2013, 02:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme[_3_] Stephen Wolstenholme[_3_] is offline

Default Trying to grow Wasabi (japanese mustard)

On Tue, 19 Nov 2013 11:10:46 +0000 (GMT),
(Nick Maclaren) wrote:

In article , r brooks wrote:

Have been given a piece of Wasabi root, it has a couple of tiny new shoots
on it. Have done a search on how to grow it, and seem to come across a lot
of slightly conflicting advice.

Would like to try to grow it. Has anyone here had any success with growing
it, or could recommend a website known to be reliable? Thanks.

No, but I looked into it. It needs consistently warm (i.e. UK 'hot')
conditions, fairly high humidity and ample water. I decided not to
bother, but you might succeed.

If I had any to experiment with I would be tempted to try it indoors
growing in a very big tropical fish tank half full of pebbles and
water. It would need a pump to keep the water flowing, some powerful
lights and lots of fish.

Steve

--
EasyNN-plus. Neural Networks plus.