Old 20-11-2013, 06:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
joevan[_3_] joevan[_3_] is offline

Default Peruvian Lily?-

On Tue, 19 Nov 2013 21:33:02 +1000, BarbaraH
wrote:

I think this is an Alstroemeria brasiliensis, I would appreciate a
correct ID, please.
I'm not much up on exotics, tried to Google it, but as this one has
variegated foliage, couldn't find an exact match. It is a very low
growing plant and the flowers are on tall stems.

I found it growing in an area of my yard after I had cleared away an
overgrown section. I rather liked the look of the variegated foliage
though I didn't know what it was, so left it there and to my surprise I
noticed the flowers on it a few days ago.

Nice save and good that you kept it.