Old 19-11-2013, 11:33 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Peruvian Lily?-

I think this is an Alstroemeria brasiliensis, I would appreciate a
correct ID, please.
I'm not much up on exotics, tried to Google it, but as this one has
variegated foliage, couldn't find an exact match. It is a very low
growing plant and the flowers are on tall stems.

I found it growing in an area of my yard after I had cleared away an
overgrown section. I rather liked the look of the variegated foliage
though I didn't know what it was, so left it there and to my surprise I
noticed the flowers on it a few days ago.

--
Barbara

http://www.flickr.com/photos/barbara-h/

Old 20-11-2013, 06:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Tue, 19 Nov 2013 21:33:02 +1000, BarbaraH
wrote:

I think this is an Alstroemeria brasiliensis, I would appreciate a
correct ID, please.
I'm not much up on exotics, tried to Google it, but as this one has
variegated foliage, couldn't find an exact match. It is a very low
growing plant and the flowers are on tall stems.

I found it growing in an area of my yard after I had cleared away an
overgrown section. I rather liked the look of the variegated foliage
though I didn't know what it was, so left it there and to my surprise I
noticed the flowers on it a few days ago.

Nice save and good that you kept it.

[IMG] code is On

Feb21-E - Peruvian Lily-20080653-Edit.jpg John - Pa. Garden Photos 3 23-02-2008 07:37 PM
Peruvian Lily Under Attack Fleemo Gardening 0 11-03-2004 01:32 AM
PERUVIAN Peppercorn Tom Gauldin North Carolina 1 01-05-2003 05:46 PM
Cactis Peruvian & More ÑödD¥ Australia 0 05-04-2003 06:35 AM
Not a lily at all ( What to do with lily question) Cereoid+10+ Gardening 0 28-02-2003 05:51 PM