Old 21-11-2013, 09:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Ping Sacha: snow in the far east

On 2013-11-20 16:36:37 +0000, Derek Turner said:

On Wed, 20 Nov 2013 15:23:17 +0000, Sacha wrote:

Possibly the one near Queen's Valley reservoir, the Guardian, I think.
The son tells me he saw lots of hail but no snow. It's incredible how
varied things can be in 9x5 miles! I hope you don't get any more!

She's home so I asked. The Hollies, Gorey village, and no, it wasn't hail
it was genuine snow and lying. Big soft flakes settling on the windscreen
not hailstones bouncing off it. As you say VERY localized

My son who is, quite truly, about 4 minutes from there by car, saw only
hail. We talk often, on urg, of differences in climate because of
distance but really, i do think the CIs might be one of the best
examples of that available to us. Certainly, I've gone from one half
of the island to the other and one is shrouded in fog and the other, in
full sunshine.

You get the same effect passing through the tunnels under Amsterdam
harbour. The
sun always shines on the north side of the tunnels.

Ah well, Derek and I would no doubt argue the East/West divide but for
rather different reasons. ;-)

I have tunnel vision?

Lol! The Jersey tunnel is very short really but like all these things
caused great excitement and opposing views when it was made. But the
real difference is if you live on the west coast of Jersey you're
practically in passport country as far as east coasters are concerned.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com