Old 22-11-2013, 06:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Frost

On 2013-11-22 12:08:09 +0000, Emery Davis said:

On Fri, 22 Nov 2013 11:40:22 +0000, Jake wrote:

On Fri, 22 Nov 2013 10:51:46 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

We had our first really sharp frost this morning. Part of the lawn
was white and up into the corner of the flower beds which always
seems to be the coldest bit. I don't know what it went down to -
have to check that - but it was certainly noticeably 'harder' than
the last one or two warning nips we've had.

There are about 3 cm of snow here at the farm still, though none at all
at lower altitude. (We're at 440 m).

[]
What an absolutely horrible thing to witness and indeed, to be involved
in. That poor driver must be absolutely traumatised beyond words and it
can only have been terrifying for you. Dreadful.

Yes: no fun. 14 year old son turned vegetarian for 3 whole days...

We spent a couple of hours with the investigator and learned that the
driver is still in ICU in an artificial coma, they can't yet operate for
the internal injuries as there is too much swelling. There seems to be
some question as to whether he'll recover use of his legs, although I did
see him move them at the time.

The owner of the horse is being criminally prosecuted.

-E

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy