Old 23-11-2013, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback[_3_] Broadback[_3_] is offline

Default Frost

On 22/11/2013 12:28, Roger Tonkin wrote:
In article ,
says...

We had our first really sharp frost this morning. Part of the lawn was
white and up into the corner of the flower beds which always seems to
be the coldest bit. I don't know what it went down to - have to check
that - but it was certainly noticeably 'harder' than the last one or
two warning nips we've had.

Whiter here than the last couple of days, but temp in
greenhouse only got down to 1. The other day it was
-1.

We had our first real frost here last night, in the north of the lower
area of Staffordshire, in fact there are still signs of it about.
However it was the first real grip of Winter here, the heavy snow that
The Daily Express forecast for November has not arrived yet, so it will
have to hurry up! ;-)