Old 15-12-2013, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default I've been thinking....

"Pam Moore" wrote

"Bob Hobden" wrote:

I've been thinking, Newsgroups are slowly dying as less and less people
seem
able to get to them. Most new computer users use web based mail which
means
they cannot get to the wealth of Newsgroups, indeed they have no way of
knowing about them. What is needed is an App for phones, tablets and
modern
computers that allows them to get to Usenet and it's Newsgroups, allows
them
to read and post and that deals with Ngs in the conventional way. A
"killfile" would be nice too.
Anyone out there capable of writing such an App?

I.ve been wishing that too. I use my iPad much more than my PC and
would like to be able to acces URG on the iPad.

I mentioned this on another Ng and they say there are already suitable apps
available for Apple and Android, the Newsreader for Apple products is News
Tap. Let us know how you get on Pam if you use it.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.