Old 16-12-2013, 01:16 AM
kris anthem um kris anthem um is offline
Registered User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hare-Scott[_2_] View Post
David E. Ross wrote:
On 12/14/2013 3:57 PM, Bill wrote:

I "stole" this plant from beside the dumpster because it looked
healthy and interesting and I'm aiming to identify it so I can care
for it, water it to the appropriate amount & frequency, etc. Please
see below. Anyone? I'd say it's about 4 feet (120 cm) from dirt to
top.

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/re...AZsnDhu5aOGLkY

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/re...AZsnDhu5aOGLmQ

Thanks in advance -

- Bill

It is a Cordyline, possibly C. fruitcosa. If it is C. fruitcosa, it
is a tropical that is a houseplant in most U.S. climates.

I don't think so. Cordyline fruticosa has softer, broader more erect leaves
and a more definite pink-red colour most of the time. I reckon Dracaena
marginata. I think they would not be distant relatives and probably enjoy
the same conditions.

I agree. It is definetly not a Cordyline.
Dracaena marginata has distinctive redness along outer edges of leaves, which seem to be missing, but the narrowness of its leaves fits with marginata and very few other Dracaena types.