Old 18-12-2013, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Mushroom Plugs

"David Hill" wrote

Suttons are again advertising Mushroom Plugs
Has anyone tried them and with what results?

Yes I did a few years back, got some recently felled Beech logs and did all
the drilling, and filling, and sealing with warm wax, and covering with
plastic. Not a thing. However I think I know what the problem was, they need
a damp/wet place to stand, the sort of place you get constant moss growth,
where ferns love to grow. They must never dry out, mine did.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.