Old 26-04-2003, 10:32 AM
Cybe R. Wizard

Default How odd is my design?

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 17:48:10 -0500, Kelly E Jones wrote:

BenignVanilla wrote:
It occurred to me today...I am going to be pumping water from my
filter to my reservoir pond, and the pond will then gravity feed
the filter. How bass ackwards is this? Does anyone else have a
pump in their VF?

My question is (from a newbie perspective) is: Why do people use a
separate VF at all? Why not just partition off a portion of the
pond for veggies, and plant them there? I don't quite understand
the reason for having a separate box/bucket/pond/whatever for the
VF... Any clues for me?

Kelly

Koi are killers of vegatation. Mine will uproot and eat most any
plant in the pond if they can get hold of it. Well, eat /parts/ of
them, commonly the roots, but what good is a plant without roots? Got
a goldfish pond? Plant wherever you wish.
Besides, a close knit root system in a veggie filter acts as a mechanical
filter, too, and catches lots of fine crud that would otherwise be
suspended in your water everywhere.

Cybe R. Wizard

--
Unofficial "Wizard of Odds," A.H.P.