Old 26-04-2003, 11:32 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] root thread graft

In a message dated 4/25/2003 9:26:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

In some cases, they even tie a bunch of seedlings together, and in a few
years, you will have a nice thick trunk.

I have a Ficus grown this way. However if it is F. ben. or relative you
have to be careful when pruning that you don't take all of the foliage that
feeds one of the trunks because it might not resprout and I would think that
section of the trunk would eventually die. Of course, that might produce an
interesting effect in a plant that was a few years old.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++