Old 05-01-2014, 07:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Let it be Let it be is offline

Default Garden centres

shazzbat wrote:
Quite a lot of the land round here (Dorset) is under water,
including my allotment. Also including the car park of a garden
centre I passed today, which nonetheless had a sign proclaiming "Seed
potatoes now in".
It might make more sense right now to plant rice.

Steve

You'll have to wait for the long-trumpeted human-induced global warming [1]
to take affect first to heat the paddies (fields that is, not the Irish) -
and then you'll have no bloody water to plant the rice in 'cos it's too
flamin' hot and dry!

You just can't win!

[1] If you believe in such rot that is - and notwithstanding the fact
that nature changes her weather patterns more times than females nag!