Old 05-01-2014, 10:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Garden centres

"Let It Be" wrote

shazzbat wrote:
Quite a lot of the land round here (Dorset) is under water,
including my allotment. Also including the car park of a garden
centre I passed today, which nonetheless had a sign proclaiming "Seed
potatoes now in".
It might make more sense right now to plant rice.

Steve

You'll have to wait for the long-trumpeted human-induced global warming [1]
to take affect first to heat the paddies (fields that is, not the Irish) -
and then you'll have no bloody water to plant the rice in 'cos it's too
flamin' hot and dry!

You just can't win!

[1] If you believe in such rot that is - and notwithstanding the fact
that nature changes her weather patterns more times than females nag!

Oh I now believe in Global Warming, there is too much evidence that it is
happening. Just look at how the weather has changed in the way it was
predicted. Worse storms, more rain, more wind, rise in sea levels, it's
exactly as predicted. Global warming does not mean it will get warmer
everywhere and considering what keeps this northern island warm winters here
could become a great deal colder.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.