Old 06-01-2014, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default The excitement!

On 06/01/2014 16:57, Sacha wrote:
That £10 Dendrobium I bought from Morrison seems to be putting out a new
shoot from the base of a previous flowering shoot that had been cut
back. And it's still covered in flowers.

Oh Lucky you, Sacha! Mine usually die after the first flowering. Any
new canes are so spindly they're unlikely to support anything, let alone
lots of flowers. I should read up on them before buying another. I
probably need to give them a more nitrogenous feed. Hope yours
continues to flower well.

Fortunately, my other orchids are doing well. I have some gorgeous
Paphiopedilums in bloom at the moment. They're amazing! I do recommend
them if you have a spare window sill.
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London