Old 08-01-2014, 12:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Choosing tomatoes.

Doing my veg seed order last night I realised what a mess catalogues are
when it comes to tomatoes, instead of grouping them in size etc. they
are all mixed together and it's not easy to find a "Proper" sized tomato
for sandwiches and salad use.
I don't want those little things which seem to predominate the lists.
It's surprising to see how the "Old Varieties" Alicante, etc. are still
around more than half a century after they were launched.
David @ at a yet again rainy side of Swansea Bay