Old 09-01-2014, 07:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sacha sacha is offline

Default Choosing tomatoes.

On 2014-01-09 18:25:43 +0000, Bob Hobden said:

"Sacha" wrote
Bob, I wonder if you've asked your contacts at Kew if they have these
in the Millennium Seed Bank or know of someone who does? I'm sure
you've got friends in USA but some of ours are connected with gardening
and landscaping and if you wish, I can email them to see if they can
find them and send them to me.

It was a variety specific to T & M, never saw it on any other list. It
also went from their US operation as a relative tried to buy it out
there for us. Unfortunately it would be no good me saving seed, it was
F1 I believe, and all ours are grown on the allotment in the open
together with other varieties and neighbouring plots all also grow
tomatoes.

Is it at all possible it was grown, later, under a different name? I
don't know how you'd find that out, I must admit but it may be worth
looking through some Italian lists, too.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com