Old 19-01-2014, 10:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sacha sacha is offline

Default Pulsitilla Vulgaris

On 2014-01-18 18:33:32 +0000, Frank Booth said:

Never had much luck with these flowering planted 2 years ago. I have one
growing in the wrong spot (too shady?) and another growing under a cherry
tree in reasonable light.

Neither have flowered and currently the foliage on both of them seems to
have withered and died away. Is this normal for winter?

They like full sun and good drainage and are often used as rock plants
or scree plants, so could yours be too wet, as well as shady? Some say
they are tricky to establish but they're such gorgeous little plants,
I'd say it's worth persevering! They don't like being disturbed,
apparently but it might be worth digging yours up and moving them to a
more favourable position, if you can. And they're perennials, so the
foliage will disappear for the winter and start shooting again in
spring. I noticed some of ours in pots just starting to pop through the
other day.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com