Old 25-01-2014, 10:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stuart noble stuart noble is offline

Default Help to rejuvenate my poorly lawn

On 25/01/2014 09:01, Broadback wrote:
My lawn has gradually deteriorated over the years then last month I had
a tree removed. As a result there are 2 sets of tyre marks about 6mm
deep and three holes up to 8mm in depth.
Can I simply fill these holes/hollows with top soil then reseed? Also
the grass itself is in fairly poor state quite weedy and very mossy.
when is the best time to treat the lawn and scarify it? Also are there
any good quality fertilisers/weed/moss killers that readers recommend?

I asked roughly the same thing a couple of weeks ago. Sounds like dips
up to 25mm can be filled and leveled now and be green again by the Spring.
I made a start on the job last week and, although messy, I won't have to
worry about the re-laid turf drying out.