Old 26-04-2003, 12:22 PM
Day Brown

Default Human civilization is based on the staple acorn!

Oz wrote:
The masai moved from the north in historic times, about 1500 IIRC.
The original population was hottentot or bushmen, both hunter gatherers.

I dunno how to define 'original'. But clearly herders left their
images on the stone walls in what is not the Sahara during the
Paleolithic. And all around the edge of the Sahara, tribes are
scattered around still in the cattle business. But what puzzles me,
is, as the Sarhara spread in all directions, why the Africans did
not take the business up into the Levant, all the way to Afganistan.
Unless there were other races there already doing the same thing.
Maybe even Neanerthal?