Old 13-02-2014, 12:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David.WE.Roberts David.WE.Roberts is offline

Default 'No dig' on the allotment and current weather.

Starting point - I don't have the time at the moment to dig the allotment
and anyway the amount of water in the ground presumably makes this 'not a
good thing'.

My plan was/is to cover beds with black (or dark colour) plastic to stifle
the weeds and so allow use of the beds with minimal preparation.

However I have seen warnings that black plastic can make the ground 'sour'.

So is it O.K. to cover waterlogged ground with plastic (assuming it will
stay there in all these winds) or is it likely to do more harm than good.

TIA

Dave R