Old 14-02-2014, 02:25 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default billy did you get some rain?

In article ,
songbird wrote:

i sure keep hoping that the rains do come along
soon for you out there.

we're still getting some snow, the forecast is
that coming up next week we might have at least
three days in a row with highs above 30F. a heat
wave!

i feel sorry for all those in the south who are
getting another taste of the winter snow/ice and
mixed crud.

at least up here we know what we're getting into
each year. or at least we think we know.

now, someone tell me, where are the bunny eaters
or coywolves at? nothing here is looking like it
is doing much. the bunny population will certainly
need thinning come spring. cute little buggers.
*sigh*

songbird

We got about 7" over 5 days, but most of that was in the North Bay. The
mustards came up quickly, giving the county some normal early year
color. The ranchers are starting to unwind a little. They were wound up
pretty tight when no rain fell to grow pasture, and they were having to
buy feed. We are now about 40% of normal (9") for the year, and we are
supposed to get a little more this week, but not the gully washer that
last weeks storm gave us.

Reservoir flows to the Russian River have been cut, and water
conservation may impact local vineyards if they need to draw water from
the river for frost control. Large fans have become popular, but in a
hard frost, there is nothing like sprinklers.

Hope springs eternal, and I may yet have a garden this year.

Sorry to hear about your cute little varmints. It's not as bad as the
story about the 2 yr. old giraffe that was killed at a Belgium zoo, and
then feed him to the lions.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-kills-young-g
iraffe-deemed-surplus-feeds-lions.html
--