Old 15-02-2014, 10:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Winter's Arrival

In article ,
songbird wrote:

Billy wrote:
songbird wrote:

also, i did get the movie called _The Corporation_ that you
mentioned before, if you haven't already gotten ahold of the
2 disk special edition i suggest a review as there looks to be
some interesting material on there.

I'll do that. Zeitgeist Films, c2005 ?

Thanks.

ah, sorry, i already returned it, i'm not sure what
the date on it was, it was a two disk collection or
special edition.

now that i've watched them, in retrospect, most of it
was rather much the same, only some of the links provided
were worth the time to look at. i guess i am not much
into advertizing ethics or some of the other issues, as
they did not really inform me any more than i'd already
picked up.

in the film itself:

however, i do have to say that the water war footage
in (Guatamala i think it was) was rather stark. showing
a sniper, in plain clothes, calmly walking up to a line
of soldiers countering protestors, crouching down and
taking someone out, wow. just wow. caught on film, no
edits, no cuts away, just one sequence of film. cold
blooded murder.

in the afterwards it is noted that Bechtel is seeking
damages of some amount from the country/government.

songbird

Yeah, that was Cochabamba, Bolivia, and it included the water that fell
from the sky. All the water belonged to Bechtel. Our Senator Feinstein's
husband sat on the board of directors of Bechtel.

In The Declaration of Independence it says, "for the support of this
Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine
Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and
our sacred Honor."

Then in the Pre-amble to the U.S. Constitution it says, "We the People
of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish
Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence,
promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to
ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution
for the United States of America."

Maybe it's just me, but it looks like things got a little skewed-up. We
are we, until it comes to profit. Then it's mine, mine, mine.

The follow up to the original report is about 3 min. long.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4EQ4YMb6-A&feature=related

The original segment from the film is about 5 min. long.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw5Fon_EjGw?

In a few years, if you want a breath of fresh air, you'll be able to buy
it at a store.

We are hoping for a couple of hundredths of an inch more rain tonight.
Wish us luck.
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
http://www.rachelcorrie.org/