Old 18-02-2014, 01:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Chicken Manure

On 16/02/2014 22:17, Derek wrote:
On Sun, 16 Feb 2014 18:51:21 +0000, David Hill
wrote:

We have no idea of the size of the area,

30ft by 15ft

and how many chickens they kept.

No idea, but two chicken houses, size of a large dolls house

Is the inside bare earth or is there still some grass?

definitely no grass, plenty of what could be mud, but everything bit
damp at the moment.

Are you sure you don't want to keep a few chickens?
The fresh eggs from your own hens are much nicer than shop bought ones.

But I'd dig it over deeply the old Double digging would pay dividends

Agree

I'd go for the fruit, but bear in mind you may have 8ft raspberry canes

first on my list, with red and black currents, and gooseberry

Be sure to get a gooseberry that is mildew resistant - there are a
couple of really nice sweet dessert red gooseberries. And inside a fruit
cage you stand a chance of getting to eat some Jostaberries.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown