Old 27-02-2014, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Long reach lopper

On 27/02/2014 18:23, Bob Hobden wrote:
"Andrew May" wrote ...

Several trees are getting a bit big so I have decided that we need one
of these long reach pruners, the type with a long pole and a rope to
pull to do the actual cutting.

Any recommendations as to a good one? Probably 2-3m long.

I have the Wolf Garten 4 metre telescopic pole with both the loppers
with the pull cord and the pruning saw attachment (amongst other things)
. Both work extremely well. I also bought a mini handle so I could use
the saw by hand too. Had it for very many years and it still works as
good as new. As someone else says, a pair of eye protectors is a good
idea and gloves too as pulling the cord whilst trying to cut a solid
branch can hurt your hands especially if using it a lot. If you are as
stupid as me then a hard hat might be a good idea. :-)

I have both sorts, a cord operated telescopic one from Aldi or Lidl a
few years ago, and a long reach, but not telescopic one with no saw but
a metal rod between the blade and the handle, about 7ft long. which I
have had since the end of the last century
This latter I ghot reduced as the bottom of the rod had come out of the
hole in the handle, a 2 minute job to put it back into place. It is the
one I use out of choice as I don't like the pull cord as much as a leaver.
David @ a showery side of Swansea Bay.