Old 28-02-2014, 09:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter & Jeanne Peter & Jeanne is offline

Default Long reach lopper

"David Hill" wrote in message ...

I have both sorts, a cord operated telescopic one from Aldi or Lidl a few
years ago, and a long reach, but not telescopic one with no saw but a metal
rod between the blade and the handle, about 7ft long. which I have had
since the end of the last century
This latter I ghot reduced as the bottom of the rod had come out of the
hole in the handle, a 2 minute job to put it back into place. It is the one
I use out of choice as I don't like the pull cord as much as a leaver.
David @ a showery side of Swansea Bay.

Yup - the ones with the sturdy wooden shaft - I had one as well - got lost
in my move.
After years of searching I have found the more modern replacement (ebay
2nd hand £10) with an aluminium tube shaft that the rod goes inside.
Still has lever operation which I can multiply by adding an extension tube
over the handle.

Never seen any new version though anywhere - just the ropey pull things
which my arthritic
hands just could not cope with (:-(

Pete