Old 28-02-2014, 01:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David.WE.Roberts David.WE.Roberts is offline

Default Long reach lopper

On Thu, 27 Feb 2014 13:49:26 +0000, Andrew May wrote:

Several trees are getting a bit big so I have decided that we need one
of these long reach pruners, the type with a long pole and a rope to
pull to do the actual cutting.

Any recommendations as to a good one? Probably 2-3m long.

Andrew

On the Aldi/Lidl front, one of them periodically does an electric chain
saw on a stick.

Wonderful bit of kit for pruning tall trees, and none of the positioning,
wiggling and heaving associated with the mechanical pruners.

I don't have one (also, at the moment I don't have any trees) but a friend
has one and I have helped with a couple of over grown gardens and it has
been invaluable.

Cheers

Dave R