Old 05-03-2014, 01:48 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
No Name

Default Grafting tomatoes

"Gary" == Gary Woods writes:

Gary wrote:
I want to try grafting some of my favorite heirlooms this year.

Can anyone point me to some good websites explaining techniques?

Gary Johnny's Selected Seeds has an online video showing how to do
Gary it in great detail. They sell the clips to hold root and
Gary scion together, and I've found the smaller utility knife
Gary available at your favorite big box store (the kind with the
Gary snap-away blade segments) is razor sharp and works nicely.
Gary Now, my skills at this need work; I'll do some this spring.

Gary http://www.johnnyseeds.com/mediaplay...ideos_012 014

Gary They also have a bunch of other how-to videos.

Thanks, I did order some of their clips and the tool, and have recruited
a friend that I give excess plants to to help with the grafting. She
has better small motor than I do.

I missed the video which seems very helpful.

Thanks again.

Gary -- Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at
Gary home.earthlink.net/~garygarlic Zone 5/4 in upstate New York,
Gary 1420' elevation. NY WO G

--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in rec.gardens.edible...)