Old 09-03-2014, 11:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Which elms (if any) may be grown in an English garden?

On 08/03/2014 18:01, Peter Percival wrote:
Which elms (if any) may be grown in an English garden?

I have been growing Ulmus hollandica wredei for 20-25yrs. It is a
golden-leaved elm, but not one of those garish, unsettling
yellow/greens; it's very easy to live with. It is growing well and
shows no sign of any pest, disease or virus. I think it's a
lovely-looking tree.

http://www.atreeaday.com/atreeaday/U...ca_Wredei.html

I would love to grow a more native elm, but currently have a neighbour
who seems to dislike trees, so I'm biding my time. If they move out and
I'm still fit enough to plant a tree, then I shall see what's available
then.

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London