Old 15-03-2014, 01:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Nice tree ---- wrong place

On 15/03/2014 13:08, Martin wrote:
On Sat, 15 Mar 2014 12:50:09 +0000, Spider wrote:

On 15/03/2014 08:54, David Hill wrote:
As the tree is a lot older than the dwelling then it's not the tree in
the wrong place.

On 15/03/2014 07:39, 'Mike' wrote:
http://www.myalbum.co.uk/Album-YZPFO...-of-Other.html

snipped the usual irrelevant rubbish

You took the words right out of my mouth.

The word that came to my mind was vandal.
Is it legal to fell a mature tree without planning permission. We need planning
permission here to fell trees if the diameter is greater than a fraction of that
of the tree in the photos.

It's fairly easy to check registered TPO and local amenity trees online,
I believe through the councils' website. RG did so recently. We also
have to ask permission of a local conservation body, too.

Anyhow, a tree that big would need a bona fide tree surgeon who, if he's
a genuine professional, will check with Council guidelines.

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London