Old 15-03-2014, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Nice tree ---- wrong place

On 15/03/2014 13:33, Martin wrote:
On Sat, 15 Mar 2014 13:20:16 +0000, Spider wrote:

On 15/03/2014 13:08, Martin wrote:
On Sat, 15 Mar 2014 12:50:09 +0000, Spider wrote:

On 15/03/2014 08:54, David Hill wrote:
As the tree is a lot older than the dwelling then it's not the tree in
the wrong place.

On 15/03/2014 07:39, 'Mike' wrote:
http://www.myalbum.co.uk/Album-YZPFO...-of-Other.html

snipped the usual irrelevant rubbish

You took the words right out of my mouth.

The word that came to my mind was vandal.
Is it legal to fell a mature tree without planning permission. We need planning
permission here to fell trees if the diameter is greater than a fraction of that
of the tree in the photos.

It's fairly easy to check registered TPO and local amenity trees online,
I believe through the councils' website. RG did so recently. We also
have to ask permission of a local conservation body, too.

Anyhow, a tree that big would need a bona fide tree surgeon who, if he's
a genuine professional, will check with Council guidelines.

Hope you aren't suggesting that the job was done on the quiet, no names no pack
drill, by a tree cowboy called Tarzan? :-)

With his horse tied up outside the forest :~).

The council in Leiden has being ignoring the rules. They recently felled 200
trees without going through the formalities. That has triggered eight legal
actions against the council.

Oops! That's naughty on a big scale. I have known minor 'accidents'
occur, but 200 trees is unforgiveable. Presumably the land was wanted
for development? Very sad, though.

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London