Old 04-06-2003, 08:20 PM
Don Staples

Default Timber mark

We are currently marking a tract of SYP. Selective mark and getting around
100,000 bd ft a day. About 10,000 foot to the acre. Leaving 3,000 or so.

God bless Texas. We still have some wood left.

Old 05-06-2003, 12:56 AM
mhagen

Don Staples wrote:
We are currently marking a tract of SYP. Selective mark and getting around
100,000 bd ft a day. About 10,000 foot to the acre. Leaving 3,000 or so.

God bless Texas. We still have some wood left.

Yee Ha! Still finding shuttle parts down there?

I'm not one upping since this grove will never be cut - but I just
processed the cruise on an old growth Spruce stand in the national park
here and found one plot with 1789 ft^2 BA. That's as good as the redweeds.

Old 05-06-2003, 05:09 AM
dstaples

shuttleparts hunting has slowed up a bunch, still some particular parts they
are looking for, but probably will find in the future by accident.

1789ft^2BA! Now that's what I"M talkin about! Some of those stands still
around. The stand we are working has an incredible amount of bug, wind, and
lightning damage. With this volume per acre, a reoccurrence of SPB and the
stand will be gone.

--
DS
"mhagen" wrote in message
Don Staples wrote:
We are currently marking a tract of SYP. Selective mark and getting

around
100,000 bd ft a day. About 10,000 foot to the acre. Leaving 3,000 or

so.

God bless Texas. We still have some wood left.

Yee Ha! Still finding shuttle parts down there?

I'm not one upping since this grove will never be cut - but I just
processed the cruise on an old growth Spruce stand in the national park
here and found one plot with 1789 ft^2 BA. That's as good as the

redweeds.

Damn, that's going to leave a mark! Bill Stock Ponds 4 11-11-2004 04:03 PM
Thanks Mark Fawcett for seeds. kenty ;-\) United Kingdom 2 05-02-2004 06:43 PM
I propose a new k00k award for Mark S. theoneflasehaddock Gardening 0 05-07-2003 10:32 PM
Timber mark Don Staples alt.forestry 3 05-06-2003 05:32 PM
Best way to mark plants for later transplanting? Elizabeth North Carolina 6 26-04-2003 12:32 AM