Old 06-06-2003, 12:20 PM
Geoff Kegerreis

Default forest service contract

This is the typical forestry bid I get to see around here.
This would be better off
done by a logger or other type of contractor in my opinion,
but everyone has
got their own ideas... comments?

Geoff Kegerreis
Old 06-06-2003, 07:08 PM
mhagen

Geoff Kegerreis wrote:
This is the typical forestry bid I get to see around here.
This would be better off
done by a logger or other type of contractor in my opinion,
but everyone has
got their own ideas... comments?

Geoff Kegerreis

Subject:
CBD Bid - 06/06/03
From:
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 13:32:43 -0000
To:
TIMBERLINE_FORESTRY_CONSULTINGGeoff@timberlinefor estry.com

Prepared For: TIMBERLINE_FORESTRY_CONSULTINGGeoff@timberlinefor estry.com

Sequence #: 00311 Client #: S11T-T096

Kwds: MANAGEMENT WILDLIFE LAND
* * * * * * * * * * * * * FBO BID * * * * * * * * * * * * *
FBO Modification
Department of Agriculture Forest Service R-6 Western Washington
Acquisition Area, Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie NF Department of
Agriculture, Forest Service, R-6 Western Washington Acquisition
Area, Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie NF, 21905 64th Avenue West,
Mountlake Terrace, WA, 98043

F --* WILDLIFE* Tree & Snag Creation, Willamette Natnl Forest &
Salem Branch of Bureau of* LAND** MANAGEMENT* SOL: R6-gip-3-021

DUE: 062303 Archive_Date: 07082003 POC: Cheryl Brown-Collins,
Procurement Technician, Phone 360-891-5080, Fax 360-604-5673,

Email This project consists of* WILDLIFE*

cavity creation, tree girdling, snag creation by chainsaw
topping or cutting down of selected trees on the Willamette

National Forest or Salem branch of the Bureau of* LAND*
MANAGEMENT*. The resultant contract will be a five year,

Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity contract with
individual work assignments issued by task orders. Estimated
issue date of the solicitation is on or about May 15, 2003;
quotes are due at the close of business June 15, 2003. This
will be issued as a Commercial Item Request For Quotation.
NAICS code is 115310 with a corresponding size standard of $6
million.
http://www.eps.gov/spg/USDA/FS/05M6/...1/listing.html
Link to FedBizOpps document. Total Small Business Willamette
National Forest PO Box 10607 Eugene, OR and Salem Branch of

Bureau of* LAND** MANAGEMENT* 97440 USA

These jobs are usually done by trained climbers. A person with rigging
experience would do fine along with a wildlife type to supervise and set
up work areas.

Old 07-06-2003, 01:56 PM
Joe Zorzin

"mhagen" wrote in message
Geoff Kegerreis wrote:
This is the typical forestry bid I get to see around here.
This would be better off
done by a logger or other type of contractor in my opinion,
but everyone has
got their own ideas... comments?

Geoff Kegerreis

Subject:
CBD Bid - 06/06/03
From:
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 13:32:43 -0000
To:
[...]

I think it's unfortunate that so much forestry ends up as contracts. All
this proves is that those with permanent positions were unable to prove that
they were worth their paychecks- which fell into place with the right wing
plan to destroy the American middle class, as I "rant" about below.

Let's remember that until the twentieth century, everyone had temp jobs-
nobody had any security. Unions were created so people could have better pay
and better job security. Such job security was sign of modernism in our
economy and society.

Before that type of security arose- those who had industrial jobs were all
paid "piece work" and were often laid off. Families suffered, the economy
suffered.

A modern society should offer most people secure jobs with steady pay- a few
in America still have this but very few.

National economic "leaders" claim this is just the way it has to be- like
the weather- when in fact it there has been a concerted effort by America's
right wing ruling elite for 100 years to bust the working class- in every
way possible.

One way is massive immigration of people willing to work for nothing. We've
had this myth that we love immigration because we're so sad over the
desperate plight of all those starving foreigners- the statue of liberty has
that myth written on it. But the reality is we love immigration to beat down
working class people. It was that old American love of dirt cheap labor that
gave us slavery for centuries.

Beginning with the energy crisis of 1973, American industry said that it
must shut down industry that uses a lot of energy- such as steel and autos.
They exported those jobs to nations with no protection of workers or the
environment. Then, as part of this plan, our government has struggled to
open up "free trade zones" and international non democratic entities like
the WTO- which have allowed more American industries to export their
facilities and technology.

At first it was just industrial blue collar workers getting shafted- the
white collar workers didn't care as they more often than not benefited when
they purchased those cheaper imported products. They thought that THEIR jobs
were safe- after all, it would be tough to displace their type of work. But,
in the past decade even white collar American workers have begun to lose
their jobs and security as much office work is now sent to places like India
which has millions of highly educated people who can do much of this white
collar work thanks to the advances in communications.

The result of this right wing assault on America is that the top 5% now own
95% of the wealth- they essentially stole the wealth and security of
everyone else, wiped out 150 years of social/economic progress, and now are
on their way of ruling the entire Earth with their "little Caesar"- Georgy
Bush of Texas.

It didn't have to happen that way. When the energy crisis began in '73, our
nation should have declared that it would do whatever was necessary to
become energy independent by 1980. We could have done so. The world price of
oil would have plummeted- and the OPEC nations would have gone belly up- the
crazies in the Arab nations wouldn't have had as much reason to hate their
own rich and corrupt governments- those Middle East nations would have been
far too poor to start military trouble- we would not have had 2 wars in the
Gulf and we wouldn't now be building a military empire all over south Asia,
including within the collapsed Soviet Empire. By now, we would be energy
independent, our military budget could be kept low, we wouldn't have most of
the world hating America- and we'd still have a thriving middle class and
steady, secure jobs.

Unfortunately, the American voters are so foolish as to vote for idiots like
Reagan and Bush who have given us a massive multi trillion dollar national
debt - wiped out 150 years of social/economic progress for ordinary
Americans- and now the world hates us- and we praise these morons as great
leaders! We cheer Caeser Bush for putting on a great show- even better than
the Super Bowl!

When will the American people wake up?

And, all of the above holds true of forestry- in many ways forestry is a
myth- there is very little real forestry- and most of the people who do real
forestry have to live like sharecroppers and migrant labor- and they call
this a profession?

The most advanced nations in Europe, that didn't follow this path, still
have job security and thriving middle class- and these are the nations that
The Shrub, a world class idiot, and the boss of our military Junta,
Rummsfeld, refer to as "Old Europe".

--
Joe Zorzin
http://www.forestmeister.com