Old 28-06-2003, 10:10 AM
Aozotorp

Default SCOTT TIMBER CO. v. US (06/26/03 - No. 02-5142)

nited States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
SCOTT TIMBER CO. v. US (06/26/03 - No. 02-5142)
In a dispute arising over the suspension of timber contracts to protect
the marbled murrelet bird, five of the contracts at issue do not grant
the Forest Service suspension authority, and the trial court's summary
judgment that those contracts granted suspension authority is reversed.

To read the full text of this opinion, go to:
http://laws.lp.findlaw.com/fed/025142.html

Old 30-06-2003, 04:20 PM
Geoff Kegerreis

Essentially, it is a matter of too many laws, too many court actions and
too little knowledge in our profession. Obviously, there are inherent
risks with a man actually being able to do something productive today.
Ok, so 13 years down the road he's able to cut 5 out of 11 contracts that
didn't have a specific clause in them. It is interesting that the small
guys - Scott timber- had 2 attorneys present, and big brother the gummit-
had 6 attorneys present. No wonder we can't make any money on our timber
sales anymore! -It's all being tied up on attorney's fees!

It's going to get to a point where our country is at financial risk because
it is obviously not economically feasible to run this country without the
additions to our GNP from timber harvests. Looking through my crystal ball
I see a depression in the next upcoming decades due to this sort of
nonsense. It's time we changed the rules to increase the efficiency of the
management processes. United we stand. Divided, we fall.

GK

USA

Barry Scott Jeßus[_2_] United Kingdom 0 21-03-2009 03:20 AM
My New Pond Scott Mary kate Ponds 3 20-07-2004 12:02 AM
Question: Is it OK to use Scott's Step 4 for New Seed? Mike Thompson Gardening 1 08-09-2003 03:03 AM
Marathon II and Scott's Sun and Shade seed [email protected] Gardening 0 15-07-2003 12:02 AM
Scott's and Marathon on same lawn-need help Me Gardening 4 04-02-2003 02:55 AM