Old 23-12-2005, 11:13 AM posted to aus.gardens
Potaroo

Default Citrus advice

G'day panel
I'm living in the Hawkesbury Region (Richmond/Windsor) and am keen on
growing a lemon and an orange tree. BUT I'm looking for the best fruiting
"smallish" tree. Is there anything that is no more than 2 M high?
Cheers, I await any help.

Old 24-12-2005, 10:07 PM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie

In article , "Potaroo"
wrote:

I'm living in the Hawkesbury Region (Richmond/Windsor) and am keen on
growing a lemon and an orange tree. BUT I'm looking for the best fruiting
"smallish" tree. Is there anything that is no more than 2 M high?

You might find something grafted onto dwarf stock. Is there a reason you
need them so small?

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.
Old 25-12-2005, 11:49 AM posted to aus.gardens
Potaroo

Yep Chook, I am revamping my backyard which is not huge but my theme will be
a blend of blue/green Oz natives with French inspired lavendar/rosemary/veg
garden. I would like to incorporate the 2 citrus, one in each corner. I
don't particularly want them to dominate the entire yard or overshadow it.
Cheers, Pete

Old 27-12-2005, 06:05 AM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie

In article , "Potaroo"
wrote:

Yep Chook, I am revamping my backyard which is not huge but my theme will be
a blend of blue/green Oz natives with French inspired lavendar/rosemary/veg
garden. I would like to incorporate the 2 citrus, one in each corner. I
don't particularly want them to dominate the entire yard or overshadow it.

Sounds beautiful!
Please post more details when you have them.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.

Citrus Plants, Citrus Feed, Citrus Compost Kathryn Selfe Marketplace 0 01-11-2008 03:41 PM
citrus help Tazman Australia 2 05-04-2003 06:32 AM
Overwintering Citrus Trees John T. Jarrett Texas 1 18-03-2003 03:08 AM
Container citrus: lot's fruit, not many leaves richard holmes Gardening 0 11-03-2003 11:56 AM
White flies in soil and on citrus Snooze Gardening 1 25-01-2003 02:02 PM