Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
KH

Default garlic

I've planted some garlic... how will I know when it's ready to dig up?

Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Tara Deen

KH wrote:

I've planted some garlic... how will I know when it's ready to dig up?

KH,

When the tops have died down. Then you pull it up, and let them dry for
a few days to a week if you want to store it. The garlic I planted in
Feb has just died, and I need to pull it out now.

While you can plant garlic at most times of year, Feb is the prime
garlic planting time for the largest cloves in most of NSW. Also, you
may not know that you can use the green tops in the same way you do
green onions and chives. Just cut the green leaves off and chop to put
in your cooking. The tops will grow back and you'lll get a nice mild
garlic flavour in your salads and cooked dishes.

Tara
Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Tom Elliott

On Mon, 02 Dec 2002 08:31:09 +1100, Tara Deen
wrote:

KH wrote:

I've planted some garlic... how will I know when it's ready to dig up?

KH,

When the tops have died down. Then you pull it up, and let them dry for
a few days to a week if you want to store it. The garlic I planted in
Feb has just died, and I need to pull it out now.

While you can plant garlic at most times of year, Feb is the prime
garlic planting time for the largest cloves in most of NSW. Also, you
may not know that you can use the green tops in the same way you do
green onions and chives. Just cut the green leaves off and chop to put
in your cooking. The tops will grow back and you'lll get a nice mild
garlic flavour in your salads and cooked dishes.

Tara

I love it when I get online to ask a question, and not only has
someone already asked it, but it's been answered! Now, to harvest my
garlic!

Tom

Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Dissent

KH wrote:

I've planted some garlic... how will I know when it's ready to dig up?

When u notice a lack of vampires in your garden. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
--
Compromise, conformity, assimilation, submission, hypocrisy, brutality,
the elite.... All of which are American dreams......

Garlic - garlic.jpg Ann Garden Photos 2 03-04-2008 11:31 AM
Speaking of garlic... John S. DeBoo Edible Gardening 4 29-05-2003 10:20 PM
Elphant Garlic Bill Edible Gardening 11 29-05-2003 05:20 PM
Wild garlic Chris Hogg United Kingdom 0 30-03-2003 02:33 AM
Does garlic set seed? Robert cubitt United Kingdom 2 20-10-2002 09:39 PM