Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
NoGi

Default Green Lawns

Hi,

Newbie type question here. I have Green Couch turf which was browning
off in areas. So I got some top soil, raked in and watered often. Only
problem now is that it's coming up greener that the parts of the lawn
the used to look good. SO now the good parts look bad due to the
greeniness of the new lawn.

What's a good fertiliser that I could possibly use to green up the
remainder of the lawn?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,
Nogi
Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
Willow

My mother & her partner swear by Carbon Green, it's basically charcoal, but
you're best asking a nearby nursery.

--
Wanda
aka Willow

~~faeries are able to fly because they take themselves lightly~
om...

Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
Andrew G

"NoGi" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

Newbie type question here. I have Green Couch turf which was browning
off in areas. So I got some top soil, raked in and watered often. Only
problem now is that it's coming up greener that the parts of the lawn
the used to look good. SO now the good parts look bad due to the
greeniness of the new lawn.

What's a good fertiliser that I could possibly use to green up the
remainder of the lawn?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,
Nogi

Sulphate of Ammonia should green it up quite quickly, or even a spread of
chook poo all over the lawn, and water in.
In fact, you can nearly try any type of "non-liquid" fertilser, as couch
respnds well to it.

Good luck
Oh, and if you do use Sulphate of Ammonia, don't put it on thick at all,
just a very light spread, a sprinkle of it even. Don't walk on it either for
a day or 2, or it will burn.
Make sure you water it in well.
--
Remove "not" from start of email address to reply

Old 05-04-2003, 06:36 AM
Tom Tulloch

I would also try some Agricultural lime on it as this is the biggest
deficiency among lawns and the results can be quite dramatic.

Old 05-04-2003, 06:36 AM
Tazman

"Tom Tulloch" wrote in message
I would also try some Agricultural lime on it as this is the biggest
deficiency among lawns and the results can be quite dramatic.

Is there a dif between Agricultural Lime and Brickies Lime...

As I have a few bags of the latter and I was wondering if I could use it on
my lawn??