Old 05-04-2003, 06:37 AM
Rob Webb

Default Agapanthus

Can anyone out there give me any clues about propogating agapanthus from
seed, ie when to collect the seeds, how soon after flowering should I sow,
and what the best soil is etc etc?

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 05-04-2003, 06:37 AM
Loosecannon

Rob Webb wrote in message
Can anyone out there give me any clues about propogating agapanthus from
seed, ie when to collect the seeds, how soon after flowering should I sow,
and what the best soil is etc etc?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Rob,

Mature seeds appear black in colour and can be ripe when seed head is still
green.

As for germinating the seeds use a free draining soil mix and just cover the
seed. Best temperature for germination is when it is 15 - 20C. Expect to
wait 30-90 days for the seed to sprout. Also expect it to be 3-4 years
before seeing a flower.

Division is a much faster method for getting a flowering plant earlier.

Good luck.

Richard

Agapanthus propagation (pods\seeds) Ruth Australia 11 22-01-2011 11:28 AM
Agapanthus Sue Australia 0 05-04-2003 06:37 AM
Agapanthus Loosecannon Australia 1 28-03-2003 08:20 PM
Agapanthus tangle John United Kingdom 2 08-03-2003 06:22 PM
Agapanthus propagation (pods\seeds) Rita Bogna Australia 0 15-02-2003 06:11 AM