Old 05-04-2003, 06:37 AM
Sue

Default Agapanthus

I am going down to our old home in Perth in mid April - I intend to
split some of the agapanthus I had been growing there and relocate them to
Karratha. I will be interested to see if the seeds from the agapantus I
have grown down there have come up, as just before I left I distributed them
all around the front garden! (seemed like a good idea at the time)

I had brought a couple of plants up here with me when we relocated early
December, unfortunately they are failing to thrive and seem to be teetering
on the brink of dying. I actually dug them back up to see if they where
suffering root rot because they look very yellow. I was pretty much right
about that - fortunately there where a couple of roots starting to shoot
from close to the plants above the rotted area. I removed the plants from
the garden bed and placed them in a pot with good potting mix in an attempt
to revive them.

Our soil up here is heavy clay - I have added bags of cow manure,
watered with Seasol and Powerfeed, and spread a good covering of a "mushroom
and pig manure" (I was told at the nursery it was this mixture??) compost
over the top. The temperatures are always in the high 30's to 40's at from
October through April and so we water every day sometimes twice. Our water
supply is high in calcium to the point where you can see the white water
marks on the plants leaves. I brought Cannas up with me and they are
performing excellently in the same garden bed.
Any suggestions on my agapantus, this is probably the last chance I will
have to access the ones I have grown as the house is on the market. Once it
is sold I will have to start paying for them!!

Thanks Sue Karratha.

Agapanthus propagation (pods\seeds) Ruth Australia 11 22-01-2011 11:28 AM
Agapanthus Rob Webb Australia 1 05-04-2003 06:37 AM
Agapanthus Loosecannon Australia 1 28-03-2003 08:20 PM
Agapanthus tangle John United Kingdom 2 08-03-2003 06:22 PM
Agapanthus propagation (pods\seeds) Rita Bogna Australia 0 15-02-2003 06:11 AM