Old 02-07-2006, 12:35 PM posted to aus.gardens
Andrew Gabb

Default Fusarium resistant tomatoes

I've previously grown mainly grosse lisse, Roma, and varieties of
cherry tomatoes, with good crops at least early. Despite rotation, I
now seem to have a problem with fusarium wilt, which means the
plants die off quickly.

I saw an article somewhere on tomatoes that are resistant to
fusarium wilt. Any suggestion on such types which are also good tasting?

Andrew
--
Andrew Gabb
email: Adelaide, South Australia
Old 05-07-2006, 12:08 PM posted to aus.gardens
PatC

Hi

I have had the same problem the last 2 years.
Well until 2 years ago I DID grow really flavourful toms, but the last 2
years nothing but disaster, & really can't eat those shop bought ones, even
the so called 'vine grown' taste awful:
Even though I used new soil, new plants, they all died of some type of
disease. The stalks went brown & the gradually the whole plants died off. I
believe it is some type of virus, but I did do all the recommended thing
like using fresh soil, not using the old stakes & even using brand new
garden tools that had never seen my garden before!
Oh well I have promised myself that I will try once more again this year.
BTW I live in Sydney

Old 17-07-2006, 04:56 PM posted to aus.gardens
Stan E. Markerson

How about a good lime sulphar spray?

Disease Resistant/Mildew Resistant Tomato SH United Kingdom 7 04-01-2004 03:52 AM
PROMISING OUTLOOK FOR FUSARIUM WILT RESISTANCE IN PEAS David Kendra sci.agriculture 0 17-09-2003 01:36 AM
Fusarium Wilt help?? Madman2001 Edible Gardening 6 03-07-2003 02:44 AM
Fusarium Wilt? Greg C Texas 0 06-06-2003 03:20 PM
Fusarium wilt help??? Madman2001 Gardening 2 23-05-2003 05:08 AM