Old 31-08-2006, 01:59 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default tomatoe varieties

I set up a new vege garden a few weeks ago. Figured we could starve
waiting till I finish building the proper terraced garden beds, so I
knocked up a temporary bed out of plywood and bits of timber and
filled it with a mix of mushroom compost, cow/sheep manure and
straw from the rabbits. I planted rhubarb, capsicum, cucumber,
silverbeet and coriander to start with, but I have plenty of bed left.

I have some tomato bushes coming on in the old beds, but I
am not very optimistic. I have never had much luck with tomatoes
before. I think they are grosse lisse. They probably aren't getting
enough sun where they are. My mother has some tomato bushes
that have been very successful but she can't remember the name.
The fruit looks like cherry toms, but they aren't cherry toms. They
form a cluster that ripens gradually, so that you get a few toms
each day instead of a sudden glut. Small plant. Seems to be
pretty pest resistent. Anyone know what variety these might be?

Old 31-08-2006, 01:11 PM posted to aus.gardens

There are a multitude of cherry varieties, some that grown in long bunches
and some that grow individually. If the are a bit bigger than the regular
cherries they might be Tommy Toes, but the are usually rampant plants that
take over the whole garden given a chance.
Geoff

ups.com...

Tomatoe Pruning Richard Gardening 8 29-06-2003 08:08 PM
How big should my tomatoe plants be ? (by now) James Bass Gardening 3 28-05-2003 02:08 PM
cherry/grape tomatoe good for container garden? Two x over Edible Gardening 7 27-05-2003 05:56 AM
Tomatoe seeds Bruce Ella United Kingdom 4 25-05-2003 02:20 PM
Blue Tomatoes/Blue tomatoe seeds old whats his name Edible Gardening 2 23-04-2003 06:32 AM