Old 16-09-2006, 12:13 PM posted to aus.gardens

Default Swimming pool & gardens

16th Sept 06

Hi
I have a swimming pool with raised garden beds surrounding it. My problem is
the soil, mulch, leaf litter all ends up in the pool, we were led to believe
that the mulch we put on would not end up in the pool but it does. Has
anyone got a solution to this other than covering the gardens with pebbles.
cheers
Sandra

Old 16-09-2006, 09:32 PM posted to aus.gardens

Sandra Bodycoat wrote:
16th Sept 06

Hi
I have a swimming pool with raised garden beds surrounding it. My problem is
the soil, mulch, leaf litter all ends up in the pool, we were led to believe
that the mulch we put on would not end up in the pool but it does. Has
anyone got a solution to this other than covering the gardens with pebbles.
cheers
Sandra

A good living ground cover could solve part of it by preventing the wind
blwing it into the pool. Larger mulch particles ie: different mulch type.
Try asking some of these people
http://directory.ourbrisbane.com/dir.../10/11329.html

or ask another swimming pool company...
Old 16-09-2006, 11:12 PM posted to aus.gardens
SG1 SG1 is offline

"Sandra Bodycoat" wrote in message
16th Sept 06

Hi
I have a swimming pool with raised garden beds surrounding it. My problem
is the soil, mulch, leaf litter all ends up in the pool, we were led to
believe that the mulch we put on would not end up in the pool but it does.
Has anyone got a solution to this other than covering the gardens with
pebbles.
cheers
Sandra

SWMBO will let you transport the pool to our place hehehehe

Old 16-09-2006, 11:57 PM posted to aus.gardens

SG1 wrote:
"Sandra Bodycoat" wrote in message

16th Sept 06

Hi
I have a swimming pool with raised garden beds surrounding it. My problem
is the soil, mulch, leaf litter all ends up in the pool, we were led to
believe that the mulch we put on would not end up in the pool but it does.
Has anyone got a solution to this other than covering the gardens with
pebbles.
cheers
Sandra

SWMBO will let you transport the pool to our place hehehehe

Good idea..But dont be a cheapskate buy your own!!!
But having the mulch higher than the pool is asking for trouble.
A pool cover would also help a bit....It also prevents evaporation, but
doesnt really solve much as the mulch would end up on the cover, and
then the mulch will end up in the pool again...when removing it...
Some american company actually makes artificial mulch made out of rubber....