GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Isn't it funny how... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/151357-re-isnt-funny-how.html)

imorf 07-12-2006 10:45 PM

Isn't it funny how...

David Springthorpe wrote:
On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 10:33:00 GMT, "0tterbot" wrote:

au contraire - flame wars about mulch mowers are a very important thing!

And finally a Victa will emerge.....!!!!!
(I personally believe that was one of my better efforts).....

i will even tip my hat to that one.

TG'sFM 07-12-2006 10:55 PM

Isn't it funny how...

David Springthorpe wrote:
On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 10:33:00 GMT, "0tterbot" wrote:

au contraire - flame wars about mulch mowers are a very important thing!

And finally a Victa will emerge.....!!!!!
(I personally believe that was one of my better efforts).....

That was actually very funny. But I wonder how many thin-skins and
uneducated morons will not see the funny side. A bit like how they
don't get David Tench.

Andrew 07-12-2006 11:36 PM

Isn't it funny how...

TG'sFM wrote:
So if it's so good, how come mowing contractors don't use mulch mowers?

Presumably it's because mowing contractors have a better understanding
of appropriate equipment to use for the job than an aus.tv troll.
Mulching mowers work best on regularly cut or slow growing grass. If
you don't mow during periods of high growth the grass becomes too long
to be efficiently mulched. Mowing contractors are generally brought in
when the grass becomes to long for a mulching mower to work well so
it's more appropriate to collect the clippings.

David[_2_] 08-12-2006 02:16 AM

Isn't it funny how...

On 7 Dec 2006 14:55:28 -0800, "TG'sFM" typed
furiously:

David Springthorpe wrote:
On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 10:33:00 GMT, "0tterbot" wrote:

au contraire - flame wars about mulch mowers are a very important thing!

And finally a Victa will emerge.....!!!!!
(I personally believe that was one of my better efforts).....

That was actually very funny. But I wonder how many thin-skins and
uneducated morons will not see the funny side. A bit like how they
don't get David Tench.

I got David Tench once, he was insulting rather than funny so I didn't
bother again.
--
Regards
David

TG'sFM 08-12-2006 02:28 AM

Isn't it funny how...

David Springthorpe wrote:
On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 10:33:00 GMT, "0tterbot" wrote:

au contraire - flame wars about mulch mowers are a very important thing!

And finally a Victa will emerge.....!!!!!
(I personally believe that was one of my better efforts).....

That was actually very funny. But I wonder how many thin-skins and
uneducated morons will not see the funny side. A bit like how they
don't get David Tench.

I got David Tench once, he was insulting rather than funny so I didn't
bother again.

OK, so we've established that you don't understand Tench, but what we
need to now establish if the reason is because you're a thin-skin, or
because you are an uneducated moron.

David[_2_] 08-12-2006 06:14 AM

Isn't it funny how...

On 7 Dec 2006 18:28:00 -0800, "TG'sFM" typed
furiously:

David Springthorpe wrote:
On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 10:33:00 GMT, "0tterbot" wrote:

au contraire - flame wars about mulch mowers are a very important thing!

And finally a Victa will emerge.....!!!!!
(I personally believe that was one of my better efforts).....

That was actually very funny. But I wonder how many thin-skins and
uneducated morons will not see the funny side. A bit like how they
don't get David Tench.

I got David Tench once, he was insulting rather than funny so I didn't
bother again.

OK, so we've established that you don't understand Tench, but what we
need to now establish if the reason is because you're a thin-skin, or
because you are an uneducated moron.

Neither, it may be that that particular night he was just particularly
unfunny. He didn't impress me enough to want to tune in again. I don't
find hurling insults funny even if I am the butt of them. I usually
just agree with the hurler and move on.

Jen 08-12-2006 06:36 AM

Isn't it funny how...

David Springthorpe wrote:
On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 10:33:00 GMT, "0tterbot" wrote:

au contraire - flame wars about mulch mowers are a very important
thing!

And finally a Victa will emerge.....!!!!!
(I personally believe that was one of my better efforts).....

That was actually very funny. But I wonder how many thin-skins and
uneducated morons will not see the funny side. A bit like how they
don't get David Tench.

I got David Tench once, he was insulting rather than funny so I didn't
bother again.

I agree. There are heaps of Tonight Shows in America, and this just seems
to be another one like them. Sometimes he's funny. But I don't find enough
of it funny to want to watch very much.

But each to their own.

Jen