Old 04-02-2007, 12:25 PM posted to aus.gardens

Default Frogs

Did you figure out what variety they are?

odonata28 (Linda) wrote in message
A friend of mine let their pool go and consequently frogs came and laid
their eggs...There must have been 500 tadpoles! Rather than them dying by
chlorine I took the lot home in buckets.
I have fed the tadpoles goldfish flakes (which they seemed to love).
Well now 99% of them are frogs, but they've all buggered off!
I was going to ring CALM to see if I could release them at a nearby lake.

just don't know what I've done wrong ...my babies have left home.
I'm worried about them, they were my responsibility. I realise this isn't

garden question but if anyone has any experience with frogs please let me
know.

Linda

Old 05-02-2007, 06:37 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message
"odonata28 (Linda)" wrote in message
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message

Nah! They only like the legs! (And I can understand why, they

are
delicious).

I couldn't, not now (eat frog legs I mean).
I once had frog legs when I was in Bali it tasted just like chicken

(when I
was just a slip of a girl of 19)
I've had nightmares about it ever since!
I so regret doing it... so little for such a loss of life :-(
Must save more frogs and repent! x 100

Are you a vegetarian? If not, how do you cope with eating any form of
meat?

Well it's very hard, my daughter will not eat lamb (bless her) and at the
moment, and I am on a water diet!
ie. fruit and vegetables and wine.
In answer to your question I am not a vegetarian just a wannabe!
I like to think of myself as a work in progress ;-)
Linda

Old 20-03-2007, 01:44 AM posted to aus.gardens

Farm1 wrote:
"odonata28 (Linda)" wrote in message
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message

Nah! They only like the legs! (And I can understand why, they

are
delicious).

I couldn't, not now (eat frog legs I mean).
I once had frog legs when I was in Bali it tasted just like chicken

(when I
was just a slip of a girl of 19)
I've had nightmares about it ever since!
I so regret doing it... so little for such a loss of life :-(
Must save more frogs and repent! x 100

Are you a vegetarian? If not, how do you cope with eating any form of
meat?

Bacon grows on trees.

--
That's_ the message; "Donut sit behind leaning cats that have just
farted you blind"!

Dr HotSalt in A.R.K.

frogs frogs everywhere Gail Futoran Ponds 2 01-09-2004 07:06 PM
frogs frogs everywhere Gail Futoran Ponds 0 31-08-2004 10:24 PM
FROGS - Bull Frogs, Leopard Frogs, Spring Peepers (Was BullFrogs) Heather Ponds 1 03-06-2003 06:20 PM
greenhouse frogs Dave Lockwood Orchids 4 01-04-2003 05:20 PM
Feeding Frogs Rupert Ponds 1 30-01-2003 05:20 AM