Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-05-2012, 04:51 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Papaya/ paw paw

We bought this house that comes with three fully-grown papaya or paw
paw trees. It has been three years now and I think it is time to ask
for help before I get hubby to chop it down :-((

We live in Brisbane Queensland so you think the weather would suit.
But for some reason, although the fruit trees produce lots of fruit,
but when come to fruition/ripe to yellowish colour, the taste of the
fruit is tasteless. I have tried to pick it at different time: when it
just started to show colour, when it's yellower and when it's green.
But it remains tasteless.

Then some friends said I probably should try and make some pickles or
soup. But the fruits feel very light, no substance. Unlike those I
see in markets where they are heavy and solid.

Is there anything I can do to improve the fruit? Any advice is greatly
appreciated.

Cheers

Where can I see a Paw-Paw? Philip Semanchuk North Carolina 2 06-08-2007 01:36 PM
Paw-Paw flower Marutchi Garden Photos 2 10-03-2007 01:18 AM
seeking paw paw trees to plant in my yard. (IL) what does THIS button do?! Gardening 2 05-01-2007 11:58 AM
seeking paw paw trees to plant in my yard. (IL) what does THIS button do?! Edible Gardening 2 05-01-2007 11:58 AM
Paw Paw Pollination Raffi Kojian Edible Gardening 1 28-03-2003 09:56 PM